Leighton Buzzard Triathlon Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators, volunteers and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with the Club Welfare Officer, or any other member of the Committee as appropriate.
As a member of Leighton Buzzard Triathlon Club you are expected to abide by the following Members’ Code of Conduct:
- The name of the Club shall be Leighton Buzzard Triathlon Club.
- The main office for the Club shall be 15 Poplar Close, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 3BS
- Members agree not to bring the Club into disrepute.
- All Members must compete within the rules and instructions laid down by the Club, Triathlon England, British Triathlon Federation (BTF), International Triathlon Union (ITU) and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members must support and encourage good practice and correct actions at all times.
- Members must pay any fees for membership, training or events promptly.
- Members must behave in a manner appropriate to the sport of triathlon.
- Members and their supporters are encouraged not to smoke at club venues or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Members are encouraged to communicate with leaders and all other club members.
- A Member intending to withdraw from the Club shall give notice in writing to the Secretary and the membership terminates on the date of that notice unless they are financially indebted to the Club, in which case the Committee may withhold acceptance of the resignation until they have discharged the liability.
- The Committee shall have power to expel any Member whose subscriptions are one month in arrears, provided that one month’s notice in writing shall have been sent to such a member by a registered or recorded letter, addressed to the last known address, informing of the proposed action of the Committee.
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held in every year to receive the Committee’s report and financial statement, elect Officers and Committees and deal with any other matter specified on the agenda. The Secretary must give every Member 21 days’ notice of the meeting. Notice of any business which is desired to be placed on the agenda must be given to the Club Secretary at least 14 days prior to the meeting.
- An Extraordinary General Meeting must be called by the Secretary within 14 days of the receipt of a requisition in writing signed by at least 6 Members of the Club stating the business to be brought before such a meeting.
- No alteration or addition may be made to the rules except by an Annual General Meeting or an Extraordinary General Meeting called for that purpose. Notice of any proposed amendment must be given as provided by Rules 13 and 14.
LEIGHTON BUZZARD TRIATHLON CLUB
Last Updated: September 2011